MINAAKSHI MAJUMDAR is a leading Hindustani vocalist of the present generation. She has created a niche as a classical and semi-classical vocalist through her performances in several reputed music festivals and venues. Her performances at the National program of Music organised by the national radio and the Dover Lane Music Conference drew attention to her talent, which took her on tour to several cities in the country and abroad.
Minakshi's ultimate formation as a performer occurred under the guidance of Gurus Bidushi Girija Devi and Pandit Arun Bhaduri of the Sangeet Research Academy, Kolkata, where she was a scholar for the final six years of her studies. Her birth in a family of musicians greatly helped in the initial nurturing of her talent. She was fortunate to find her first Guru in her mother Sandhya Majumdar. Later she received formal training from Sri Sarat Bandopadhyay and Pandit Nihar Ranjan Banerjee, Bidushi Purnima Chaudhuri and Sri Aniruddha Bhattacharya.
Minakshi holds a Masters Degree from the Rabindra Bharati University with Honours in vocal music. She is an 'A' graded artist of the national radio of India.
She is also a listed artist of Indian Council for Cultural Relations under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS:
- ▪ ICCR empanelled Artist.
- ▪ FIRST position in Khayal &Thumri in the prestigious music competition held by the All India Radio.
- ▪ Awarded by ITC Sangeet Research Academy in Mumbai, Promising Artiste award.
- ▪ FIRST position in Indian Classical Music organized by 'The Dover Lane Music Conference, Kolkata, thereby winning "Amir Khan Memorial" trophy.
- ▪ She is bestowed with the title of "SURMANI ." The "Sursingar Samsad" in Mumbai.
- ▪ Recipient of National Scholarship, Ministry of Culture (Government of India), New Delhi.
- ▪ M.A. in vocal music from Rabindra Bharati University.
- ▪ Stood first in Khayal in Swar Prabhat Talent Search Contest in Kolkata.
- ▪ Winner of "Ravi Kichlu" in Khayal
- ▪ Stood first in All India Railway Cultural Competition in Vocal Music.
- ▪ National Programme (Akhil Bharatiya Sangeet Sammelan) of All India Radio.
- ▪ Kolkata ICCR.
- ▪ Performed in UK (united kingdom) at glasgow, edinburgh festival.
- ▪ ITC SRA (Sangeet Research Academy) Programme in Mumbai.
- ▪ ITC Sangeet Research Academy, Kolkata.
- ▪ National Centre for the Performing arts (NCPA), Mumbai.
- ▪ Prabha Atre Foundation, Pune. MAHARASHTRA
- ▪ Kal Ke KalaKaar (Surmani) in Mumbai.
- ▪ Dover Lane Music Conference at Uttam Manch, Kolkata.
- ▪ Swami Haridas Sabha in Mumbai. * Kashi Sangeet Samaj in Varanasi
- ▪ Indore All India Radio.
- ▪ Uttarpara Sangeet Chakra, Kolkata.
- ▪ Kolkata All India Radio, many recordings done. * Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre EZCC in Kolkata.
- ▪ All India Railway Cultural Conference in Hyderabad. * Asiatic Society Recreation Club, Kolkata.
- ▪ Akashvani sangeet sammelan in Jammu